Version 3.1.0 (released 19.3.2018)
This is the first major update since the Kubios HRV Standard and Premium versions were launched. Compared to previous release, the following features, changes and bug fixes have been implemented (*indicates features available only in the Premium version):
- Support for PPG (pulse wave) data and a pulse wave detector algorithm added. Supported PPG devices include at least Empatica E4, Shimmer and Biopac PPG devices.*
- Comparison of Mean RR, Mean HR, RMSSD, LF power n.u., and HF power n.u to normal resting values as published in Nunan et al. 2010.
- Stress index parameter according to Baevsky’s stress index added to analysis parameters.
- New parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) and sympathetic nervous system (SNS) indexes proposed. PNS index is based on Mean RR, RMSSD and HF power (n.u.), and LF index on Mean HR, Stress index and LF power (n.u.) values as compared to normal resting values.
- Energy expenditure estimation added including basal metabolic rate (BMR) according to Mifflin-St Jeor formula and activity related energy consumption based on Keytel’s model.
- New Results Overview tab added to user interface, which illustrates the HRV parameter comparisons to normal resting values; time trends for Mean HR, RMSSD and stress index; HR and stress zones as well as estimated energy expenditure.
- New preference option for nonlinear analysis added, which enables you to force nonlinear analysis to use non-detrended RR interval data.
- Time-varying analysis functionality changed. The analysis can be performed either for the whole measurement or for the selected analysis samples (default=whole measurement).*
- Time-varying estimation of Stress index, PNS index and SNS index (these parameters are also included in exported result files).*
- Standard HRV analysis report sheet updated, now including results overview (comparison to normal values and PNS/SNS indexes) for every selected analysis segment.
- Time-varying analysis report sheet updated, including a detailed illustrations of HRV parameter time trends, PNS and SNS index time trends, and HR, Stress and RMSSD zones as well as energy expenditure. Optional time-domain, frequency-domain and nonlinear parameters shown in the report can be modified from Preferences.*
- New option added for beat detection editing. Using the Remove several option, all beat detections after or before the current beat; or beat within a given time interval can be removed. This feature is designed to easily remove faulty beat detections that occur when ECG data is not available (e.g. if the ECG device is turned on before attaching the electrodes or turned off after detaching the electrodes).*
- License information and maintenance status added under Help uimenu.
- Performance improvements on analysis parameter computations.
- Interpolation method of the long segments without data (>5sec) is changed to linear.
- ECG derived respiration (EDR) estimation algorithm improved.*
- Added support for opening Bittium Faros sensor’s HRV channel.*
- STD HR parameter computation modified.
- Added Artifacts (%) into time-varying results (mat and txt exports).*
Version 3.0.2 (released 23.6.2017)
Compared to previous release, the following features, changes and bug fixes have been implemented (*indicates features available only in the Premium version):
- A new colormap (“Fire”) added to RR interval spectrogram under time-varying analysis options*
- ECG derived respiration (EDR) was added into time-varying analysis results (i.e. now shown in the Time-Varying results tab on the GUI and exported to .TXT and .MAT results file)*
- Manually fixed scaling for RR histogram also scales the Poincare plot data axis when detrending is not applied. When RR data is detrended the scale of Poincare plot is automatically adjusted to fit the detrended zero mean data values
- Direct link to User’s Guide was added into the Help uimenu
- Text file support updated to ignore empty values
- FIT file support updated to correspond the latest specifications (2.35)
- Performance improvements for time-varying analysis results updating and Zephyr ECG file reading*
- Print dialog updated
Version 3.0.1 (released 27.4.2017)
Along this release, Kubios HRV Standard and Premium are available also for Linux operating systems. Compared to previous release, the following features, changes and bug fixes have been implemented (*indicates features available only in the Premium version):
- Kubios HRV is now available also for Linux
- Support for ECG data stored in Cardiology XML file format was added*
- RR and ECG* text file importing was updated to support double-byte unicode files
- QRS detection algorithm functionality was improved*
- Kubios MAT file export was updated (the MAT file includes original data and all pre-processing steps as well as analysis settings are stored in this file, and, thus the MAT file can be used to fully store the analysis session)*
- Kubios HRV version 2.2 color theme can now be selected from the software preferences to make Kubios more user friendly for people suffering red-green color blindness
- Mean HR parameter computation fixed
- Font visibility problem fixed
Version 3.0.0 (released 27.1.2017)
This was the first commercial release of Kubios HRV, launching of Kubios HRV Standard and Kubios HRV Premium versions. Compared to the previous release (ver. 2.2), the main new features of version 3.0 were (*indicates features available only in the Premium version):
- Data support: 1) Polar IBI file support updated; 2) Custom ASCII file import support updated; 2*) ActiHeart and ActiWave Cardio data support added; 3*) Zephyr BioHarness data support added; 4*) annotations support for EDF+ files updated.
- Pre-processing: 1*) An automatic RR artefact correction method was added. The new method provides enhanced artefact and ectopic beat detection performance and does not require a manual selection of optimal threshold value.
- Time-domain HRV parameters: 1) Computation of minimum and maximum HR as average of 5 beats (default value, can be changed in preferences) was added; 2) NN50 and pNN50 parameters renamed as NNxx and pNNxx (default threshold is 50 ms, can be changed in preferences).
- Frequency-domain HRV parameters: 1*) Lomb-Scargle periodogram was added as an alternative for Welch’s periodogram (selection can be made in preferences); 2) VLF, LF and HF band powers are now given also in natural logarithm scale; 3*) warning given if ECG derived respiration is outside the defined HF band.
- Nonlinear HRV parameters: 1) Poincaré plot ratio SD2/SD1 was added.
- Time-varying analysis*: Time-varying analysis methods added to HRV Premium. These methods include time trends for time-domain and frequency-domain parameters as well as for a limited number of nonlinear analysis parameters. Changes in time-frequency information of HRV data are assessed by spectrogram and a parametric Kalman smoother based time-varying spectrum estimate.
- Reports and results export: 1*) ”SPSS friendly” batch file export was added; 2) Time-varying analysis results added to HRV report (additional page included); 3) Handling of report figures was updated (HRV Report and *ECG print). All report pages open in the same window, where the user can view the report pages, print selected pages or save pages to PDF file.
- GUI and usability: 1) Visual layout of the software was changed; 2) HR (instead of RR) data visualisation can be selected in the GUI. In addition, several usability modifications to improve user experience.