Kubios HRV Scientific (the next generation of Kubios HRV Premium) is a full featured HRV analysis software for scientific research and professional use. The software supports Kubios HRV mobile app measurements and several third-party HR monitors, ECG and PPG devices.
- Supports Kubios HRV mobile app measurements (custom measurement mode enabled) and several third-party HR, ECG and PPG devices (list of supported devices)
- Accurate QRS and pulse wave detection, automatic noise detection, and beat correction
- Analyze your data at defined time intervals or perform time-varying analysis to assess HRV time trends
- Detailed HRV analysis with over 40 time-domain, frequency-domain, and nonlinear analysis parameters, including indices for parasympathetic and sympathetic activities
- Respiration rate (RESP) estimate for exercise physiology, accurate RSA analysis, and resonance frequency assessment
- ECG waveform analysis from defined time intervals (including QRS duration, QT and QTc times, and P, Q, R, S and T amplitudes)
- Training data analytics with detailed performance metrics (HR, RESP, TRIMP, ventilatory thresholds and VO2) and heart rate recovery
- Detailed reporting options (CSV, PDF, MAT and “SPSS friendly” batch file exports).
- Suitable also for small animal HRV analysis
Kubios HRV Scientific
Kubios HRV Scientific (ver. 4.0) for Windows (Win 10 or 11, 64-bit) and macOS (Big Sur, Monterey, or Ventura).
A single user subscription license (1-year subscription) including access to Kubios HRV mobile app data, software updates, and technical support. One license allows you to use Kubios HRV Scientific on one computer at a time. If you need licenses for several users, we do offer quantity discounts (10% discount if you purchase 2-4 licenses and 20% discount if you purchase 5 or more).
Kubios HRV Scientific for professional use (see License Agreement)
Kubios HRV Scientific for academic research or personal use (see License Agreement)
Prices above are excluding sales tax, value added tax (VAT), or goods and services tax (GST). Please note that you can enter your tax exemption or VAT/GST ID number at checkout. If you have questions or need a quote, please contact us at SALES@KUBIOS.COM
KUBIOS HRV SCIENTIFIC SPECIFICATIONS
Software brochure (more information about the software features)
- Windows (10 or 11) and macOS (Big Sur, Monterey, or Ventura). 64-bit operating systems only.
Kubios HRV mobile app
- Analyze custom measurements made with the Kubios HRV app
- Compatible with Polar (H10 and Verity Sense) and other Bluetooth HR sensors supporting RR interval data
- HR monitors: Polar, Garmin, Suunto etc. (IBI or RR data). Direct export from Polar Flow (RR data from any Polar Flow compatible watch when used with H6, H7 or H10 sensor)
- ECG devices: Actiheart 5, AliveCor Kardia, Biopac, Bittium Faros, Mindfield MindMaster, Shimmer, Zephyr BioHarness and several clinical Holter and ECG monitors
- PPG devices: Empatica E4, HeartMath emWave and other PPG devices storing IBI data
- Supported file formats include EDF/EDF+, Cardiology XML, ISHNE Holter ECG, Biopac ACQ3, Physionet MIT, FIT. and custom formatted text and CSV files.
- Small animal HRV data is supported
- Built-in beat detection for ECG and PPG data
- Automatic noise detection algorithm with adjustable sensitivity
- Automatic beat correction algorithm for correcting missed, extra and misaligned beats from RR interval data
- Optimal trend removal (to enhance short-term HRV analysis)
- Analyze specified time periods or process the whole recording using time-varying analysis
- Parasympathetic (PNS) and sympathetic nervous system (SNS) indexes for stress and recovery monitoring
- Time-domain HRV parameters: Mean RR, SDNN, RMSSD, pNN50, HRV triangular index, TINN, HR deceleration (DC) and acceleration capacity (AC) etc.
- Frequency-domain HRV parameters: VLF, LF and HF band powers, peak frequencies and LF/HF ratio
- Nonlinear HRV parameters: Poincare plot (SD1, SD2, and SD2/SD1), ApEn, SampEn, Detrended fluctuation analysis (DFA), Recurrence plot analysis (RPA), and Multiscale entropy (MSE)
- Time-varying analysis to assess time trends for time-domain, frequency-domain and nonlinear HRV parameters.
- Respiration rate (RESP) estimate for exercise physiology, accurate respiratory sinus arrhythmia (RSA) analysis, and individual resonance frequency assessment.
ECG waveform analysis
- QRS duration, QT and QTc times, and P, Q, R, S and T wave amplitudes for specified time periods
- Parameters are extracted from an average ECG waveform (selection criteria for averaged beats can be adjusted).
Training data analysis
- Detailed performance metrics, including HR, HR reserve, RESP, training intensity and volume (TRIMP), ventilatory thresholds (VT) based on HR, RESP and DFA-alpha1, and VO2
- Heart rate recovery at 60s, 120s and 300s increments as well as fast 30s recovery (T30).
Reports and results export
- HRV analysis results (PDF report, CSV, and ”SPSS friendly” exports). The “SPSS friendly” batch file export is ideal for group analyses or repeated measures
- ECG waveform analysis results (PDF report, CSV, and ”SPSS friendly” exports)
- Training data analysis results (PDF report and CSV export)
- ECG printout option for printing the ECG signal (single lead) on a standard paper ECG layout (PDF report)
- Analysis session backup (Matlab MAT export).
References and validation papers
- Selected publications describing certain functionalities of Kubios HRV software or providing validation results for our HRV pre-processing and analysis algorithms are available at: https://www.kubios.com/publications/